Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where has the year gone?!


It's hard to believe this was almost a year ago now.  I feel like it was literally yesterday that I was sitting in the hospital, waiting for my daughter to make her appearance after almost a month of nightly labor.  Maybe that's because I have a new baby kicking away in my belly now.  Ha!  If someone would have told me that a year ago, I'd have laughed hysterically.  No way, no how.

But as preparations came together for Adalyn's birthday party, there was no denying it: my baby is no longer a baby.  Something about the second one is so much different than the first.  I felt like Ben was grown up from three months on.  Adalyn still feels like a tiny baby...until I actually hold a tiny baby like I did the other day and I quickly realize that she is not, indeed, a baby.  She walks!  She talks!  She eats by herself!  It's so cliche, but time really does fly by way too quickly.

So to reminisce a little, let's take a quick look back at January 14th, 2011.  




Adalyn's party was Saturday and was a total blast!  This was my first year putting Pinterest to good use and I love the way it all turned out!

I still love Adalyn's nursery so I decided it'd be fun to stick to those same colors.  I added in some pops of  blue, too, seeing that it's my favorite color and all.  I used her curtains as the tablecloths.  How easy is that?!


Her monthly picture collage!  


The rock candy was my favorite.  Throwback!


And of course the striped paper straws - I'm a HUGE fan of these things!


Her invite (which sadly and lamely, I didn't end up getting to send out because I am master procrastinator and she ended up with an evite instead - so I taped this on the door to get at least a tiny bit of use out of it):


Thank you, Target, for giving this pregnant mama a baking break and making fab & delicious hot pink cupcakes!


This was the best picture I could get of the active birthday gal and the outfit I made her.


Her outfit & pennant banner:


Obligatory cake face picture!


 And allow my little piggy to dazzle you with her cupcake eating abilities.  I love this girl & her new voracious appetite!  Also, please enjoy the blurry quality and my husband's stellar singing.  Be jealous!








Happy birthday, my precious sweet pea!  

3 comments :

  1. Things I love about that birthday video:

    1. Adalyn's serious face
    2. Adalyn swaying to the song
    3. Your cute pregnant belly
    4. The nonchalant and very focused way she goes after that cupcake

    ALL AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a cutie - dancing to her birthday song!

    ReplyDelete