Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

16 weeks!


I think it's safe to say I kind of exploded sometime over the past month.  I think it all happened this week because last week I looked in the mirror and swore my belly was no bigger than at 12 weeks.  Coincidentally I also woke up yesterday feeling suddenly pregnant.

Not that I haven't felt pregnant thus far, but all of a sudden it was like, BAM, pregnant.  Aches and pains, getting out of breath easily, feeling lots of movement, losing the ability to sleep on my stomach and suddenly outgrowing all my small maternity tops overnight.  

I'm only up 8 pounds which is about where I was with Addie at this point.  I'd gained 10 earlier but lost a few pounds and haven't gained them back.  I only gained 25 lbs with Addie which was my goal, so I'd like to be happy about only having gained 8 lbs, but I look so, so much bigger than I did with her at this point that I really think this will be a Ben kind of pregnancy.  I'm just going to look like a swollen balloon at the end of this journey.  It's inevitable.  

The morning sickness is completely gone now, thank God!  That was a rough patch.  Still absolutely exhausted at all times and still totally weepy and going through the ups & downs of prenatal depression, but so happy to be feeling him/her.  

We'll have our big u/s soon, but not to determine gender, just to check out the little squirt and make sure everything looks good.  Not much else to report!  

3 comments :

  1. It seems that most of my growing came during the end of the first trimester/beginning of the second. You look awesome. No jumbo belly anywhere:) So glad you are finally through the morning sickness phase. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stalking' by looking for more pics! These are adorable.

    ReplyDelete