Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Decorating and all that jazz!

Bear with me as this post is pretty much entirely for my own benefit.  I've got a stomach bug today (yay!) so I'm stuck in bed, bored and trying to distract myself.  

I also got bit by the nesting bug last week, so I've been a reorganizing fool lately and sitting here unable to do anything is really cramping my style.  I had so many plans for today!  At least I got most of the playroom done this morning before getting hit with the nasties.

So...to bide my time and fulfill the urge to nest, I've been pinteresting in bed.  Did I make that word up?  Here are all the things I want to get done!  I'll pretend they'll all get done but anyone who knows me knows I'll be lucky to get 20% of this done.  But I'm a dreamer!  So shoot me!

Most pictures are hyperlinked to their source if there was one.

Here's our tiny, ugly upstairs bathroom.  It gets used never...as in ever.  I want to make it pretty so that we want to use it!  


It looks prettier here in this picture because it's a picture the realtor posted when we bought the house and apparently the only picture I have of this bathroom.  Too sick to go upstairs and take a picture of its current state, but it's uglier than this.

Now here's my inspiration!  


I think our bathroom is a perfect candidate for this makeover!  It's already gray, so all we'd have to do is find a similar mirror and paint it, paint the trashcan we have, get a new shower curtain and, a long shot, find a vintage towel holder like this one to paint.  Oh, and we desperately need curtains of some sort.  I think those few simple changes would drastically change the feel of that bathroom!

This one will likely never happen, but it's still a big, fat dream.  We have a very large unfinished basement.  I would LOVE to install some drop ceilings and clean it up and turn it into a huge playroom for the kids/sewing room for me so they can play down there while I sew.  Then we could have a guest bedroom, which we currently don't have.  Here's pretty much exactly what I'm thinking.  We would have to mock finish it so it wouldn't cost nearly as much as professionally finishing the basement, which I doubt will ever make its way into our budget before we sell this house.  That would mean no nice, pretty walls like in this picture.


These are pretty much exactly what our basement walls look like (this is our mud room), which really isn't terrible because they're at least painted white.


And if I ever get that mock finished basement, I must have this for my cutting table/fabric storage:


And this is all a total pipe dream, but I would do just about anything to have all this in my office for my business someday:




I've really revamped the playroom this week, so this picture is pretty outdated and I'll share a new one soon, but this is at least what the space is like.


The last few projects I want to accomplish in the playroom are these:

A wall like this:


This alphabet wall:


This awning made for the "General Store" I created for them:


And then a random one:

I for sure will be making this.  I have a frame that's just sitting unused anyway, and I desperately need this kind of organization in my life.


And the rest is all about reorganizing.  Here are all my organization inspirations.  :)









Yes, nesting really does this to me.  Every single time.  Too bad my house doesn't stay so organized sans pregnancy.  Maybe someday!

4 comments :

  1. I also plan to make that menu planner thing. Just gotta get my most used (or loved, since some loved ones get forgotten and not used so much) organized and then I'll be ready. Of course, organizing is not my strength, so this might take me a year to do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just jealous you found/made/took (I completely understand it was by default of being sick) the time to search, pin, plan & dream of these things today! For real. I think it's pretty awesome. Now, get after it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The towel rack looks just like a quilt rack/holder. You might find one on Craig's List.

    ReplyDelete